Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Will Four Years Make a Difference?

schoolisnotforfoolsschoolisnotforfools Registered User Posts: 137 Junior Member
edited December 2005 in Law School
Hey everybody. I may as well get this off my chest right now...I'm a high school senior, and I'm already thinking about law school. I know that I'm not even in college yet, and that odds are I'll probably change my mind regarding my field of study by that point; still, I'm a planner and like to see what the future has in store for me. Out of curiosity, I looked at some practice LSAT questions on the internet, and FOR THE LIFE OF ME just cannot figure out those analytical/logical reasoning questions or whatever they are called The ones that go...

There are five animals in the zoo.
A male and female chimpanzee live next to two hyenas.
An elephant lives to the side of rhinos, but only on Saturdays.
Rabbits live on the right, but only while drinking chocolate milk.

Which combination is most likely? blah blah blah blah blah

Alright, that didn't make sense, but you get the picture (that's basically what they look like to me). I usually score very well on standardized tests, but have never fared well with questions like these. My question being, is this the type of thing where you either have it or you don't? Or can you practice these questions and show significant improvements? Thanks.
Post edited by schoolisnotforfools on

Replies to: Will Four Years Make a Difference?

• WildflowerWildflower Registered User Posts: 1,254 Senior Member
    You practice these questions and show significant improvement. Thanks. (the beauty of copying and pasting --didn't have to type.)
  • konokono Registered User Posts: 198 Junior Member
    Agree, like most exams, the material yields to time. Patterns repeat and you need to have a systematic approach to the problems (LSAT review books detail some of these approaches).
  • nspedsnspeds - Posts: 5,382 Senior Member
    Patterns repeat and you need to have a systematic approach to the problems (LSAT review books detail some of these approaches).

Of course, some humans are just not quick at pattern-recognition.

Welcome to evolution;)
This discussion has been closed.