Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Capitol Hill Internship Applicant Question

Gsosa23Gsosa23 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
I recently applied to an internship on Capitol Hill. Typically how long does it take to get a response? Also, my GPA recently dropped due to my health deteriorating and I’m concerned this will be an impacting factor as to whether I’m accepted or not? My recommendation letters, cover letter and resume due to prior experience are impeccable, I’m just extremely worried about my unofficial transcripts.

Replies to: Capitol Hill Internship Applicant Question

• Demosthenes49Demosthenes49 Registered User Posts: 1,489 Senior Member
    Nobody will be able to answer these questions. It depends on what the internship is and who is reviewing your documents. All you can do is wait.
  • zoeydoggiezoeydoggie Registered User Posts: 643 Member
    Back in the day, my daughter interviewed for "A senator from a well-known New England state." It turned out to be Edward Kennedy, and she was notified immediately after she got home (a couple of hours). It all depends on how quickly they need to fill a position and how many applicants they have to choose from.
This discussion has been closed.