Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

CAS Study Abroad Report

chasemike86chasemike86 Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
The LSAC website is very confusing with study abroad transcripts being factored into CAS, the reason why this is so important to me is because if my study abroad GPA gets factored in then my CAS GPA goes from a 3.51 to a 3.38, (assuming I get the right grades this semester) because even though my grades were A-, B+, and B+ I failed 1 class.

So basically, I go to a SUNY school and I studied abroad through another SUNY school (not my own school) for only 1 semester and took 16 total credits, but only 12 will be transferred over since I failed one. Therefore, the 12 credits transferred over, however, the grades did not go factor into my GPA. So would this count as "clearly sponsored" and will the study abroad transcript factor in or will it never be factored into CAS. Has anyone experienced something similar? Or just know the answer, in general?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Replies to: CAS Study Abroad Report

• sybbie719sybbie719 Super Moderator Posts: 20,891 Super Moderator
    You must submit a copy of every transcript. There is a transcript from amazon he study abroad, you must submit it and those grades will be calculated