right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Whats are the best national awards for HLS admission?

2»

Replies to: Whats are the best national awards for HLS admission?

• bluebayoubluebayou 28004 replies205 threads Senior Member
    ^^if your D is interested in a unicorn job (law professor, feeder clerkship, ACLU, international human rights...), HLS might be worth the financial hit. Otherwise, only if the 'rents are wealthy. (It's amazing how many full pay students attend the T6 bcos they can easily afford to.)
    · Reply · Share
  • HappyAlumnusHappyAlumnus 1177 replies46 threads Senior Member
    I chose HLS over other top-10 schools with merit aid. I’m glad that I did. The alumni network is huge since HLS is so much larger than many other law schools, and the Harvard-wide alumni network is massive and has helped even when I worked abroad. Plus coming from HLS there is no stress about getting a job of the type and in the location that you want.

A student coming from Duke or Columbia may well end up having the same career as someone from HLS but HLS placement rates are somewhat better than Duke so there is that small chance that going to Duke will result in different prospects. Duke and Columbia are both amazing schools though so none of them are bad choices though.
    · Reply · Share
  • Hank CHank C 11 replies2 threads New Member
    sosososos Jealous
    · Reply · Share
  • HappyAlumnusHappyAlumnus 1177 replies46 threads Senior Member
    If you’re jealous of me, you shouldn’t be.

You’ll do well. Just focus on doing your best and don’t focus on what anyone else has or hasn’t done.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity