Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Not taking a math course in college...

DatkidDatkid Registered User Posts: 594 Member
edited June 2007 in Law School
I'll be a college freshman in the fall.

I took the Calculus AB exam this year, and I'm fairly positive that I scored at least a 4. However, I don't want credit for it. I'd much rather take Calculus I over again or take a lower level math course, as I am not planning on majoring in anything math intensive. I used to think that this would be okay, but just now I found out that my college won't allow you to take a class over for credit if you have an AP score that fulfills the course, and I'd bet they wouldn't let me take a lower level math course either, since I'd already have credit for Calculus I. For my major, just having the AP credit fulfills the math general education requirement.

I really don't want to take Calculus II, but will law schools not like it if they look at my transcript and see no math courses?
Post edited by Datkid on

Replies to: Not taking a math course in college...

• GatorEng23GatorEng23 Registered User Posts: 1,571 Senior Member
    Law schools could care less, there's no set of courses required for law school, so it doesn't matter.
  • cartera45cartera45 Registered User Posts: 12,438 Senior Member
    Don't worry about it. You'll find music majors, theater majors, and art majors in law schools and many of them took no math in college. I avoided math as much as possible and took one lower level class because W&M required it for graduation.
This discussion has been closed.