Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Is takign CR/NC an advantageous strategy?

nglez09nglez09 Registered User Posts: 186 Junior Member
edited July 2007 in Law School
If one's university offers taking classes for credit/no credit and you aren't good at, let's say, math, for example, would that be an advantageous strategy to use so that you wouldn't have a chance at jeopardizing your GPA (assuming, of course, that you would be easily able to maintain the necessary percentage to receive credit)?
Post edited by nglez09 on

Replies to: Is takign CR/NC an advantageous strategy?

• Student615Student615 Registered User Posts: 1,885 Senior Member
    A summary of what I've read is that if you happen to take one, maybe two classes CR/NC, then no one will care either way, but if you make a habit of it, it will likely be frowned upon.

Also, I believe that few schools allow CR/NC for required (degree or GE) courses, so make sure to check on this.
  • HannaHanna Registered User Posts: 14,140 Senior Member
    I think that's right. A couple of classes won't hurt you at all. Taking a P/F course every semester is probably not a good idea, although I do know one person who did that and (after a couple of tries) got into YLS. This person was magna/PBK at an Ivy and otherwise had the stats for Yale; I don't recommend trying to repeat this feat.
This discussion has been closed.