right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have changed the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

study abroad and greek

batdoibatdoi 159 replies24 threads Junior Member
edited May 2009 in Lawrence University
I am probably applying to Lawrence University this year, and I have a few questions about studying abroad and greek scene at Lawrence.

First, is it easy for LU to study abroad (what's the percentage of students who study abroad?) and are their programs well organized?

Second, I am really not at all into greek. Is greek life at LU big and dominant?

Thank you!
edited May 2009
5 replies
Post edited by batdoi on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: study abroad and greek

• roderickroderick 1108 replies380 threads Senior Member
    please also ask these questions to admissions. Don't wait for an answer in this forum. My recollection when I went through the discovery process w/ my freshman daughter was study abroad was 27 pct. I remember that the big USNReport book had this stat. Tip: consider browsing it at the bookstore.

It seems that it might be a challenge to sync up study abroad programs with LU's trimester structure. The exception is LU's London pgm, in which it is very easy to do s abroad, as I understand.

My stats for last yr was 21 pct an 9 pct for frat and sorority.

here is princeton review's current site

Lawrence University | The Princeton Review

anyone else please pipe in.
    · Reply · Share
  • roderickroderick 1108 replies380 threads Senior Member
    I forgot to add - my daughter likes LU alot so far.
    · Reply · Share
  • musicmomicmusicmomic 258 replies8 threads Junior Member
    D is a junior this year - my impression is that study abroad is emphasized and many students participate -- L did a 2-month summer program and 2 good friends are currently gone this term. Lots of folks do study abroad and LU has it's own London Center organization -- check out the the page on their website.

D is not Greek -- most of her friends are not, some are. It doesn't seem to be a strong focus but also not looked down upon.

Good luck.
    · Reply · Share
  • batdoibatdoi 159 replies24 threads Junior Member
    I forgot to say thank you! And by the way I've decided to apply to Lawrence this year
    · Reply · Share
  • KeilexandraKeilexandra 5360 replies132 threads Senior Member
    How does emphasis on study abroad reconcile with the restrictive FA policies on study-abroad? Lawrence is far less generous in that respect than most other schools I am considering. No merit applies, and only a certain amount of need-based (don't recall exact number, but assuming equal costs to study in Europe per se, definitely <10k vs. ~20k semester COA).
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity