right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Join us for a LIVE webinar Friday, April 3 at 3pm ET to hear from admission officers on how COVID-19 is impacting admissions at schools. Due to very high demand we will be streaming the event on our Facebook page. Let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Cooper Union is rumored to release decisions tomorrow (4/1). Share your outcome!
Tulane is rumored to release decisions today (3/31). Share your outcome!
As schools continue to announce their decisions, we put together the Class of 2024 RD Discussions Directory. Connect with fellow applicants NOW!

Using Accomodations When Planning to Apply for Nursing School

I have been diagnosed with ADD since I was little. I had accomodations for it in highschool and I'm starting community college classes but for now just doing my prereqs. Does anyone have experience of using ADD accomodations in college and then applying for nursing school? I'm worried it will negatively affect my application and if I am chosen or not since they want the strongest applicants.
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Using Accomodations When Planning to Apply for Nursing School

• EyeZikEyeZik 2 replies0 threads New Member
    edited August 2019
    Federal privacy (FERPA) laws should protect you as a student receiving accommodations. At my school (University of Arizona), disability status is not shared with anybody, except when needed to provide the accommodations (with student's consent). You might still talk to somebody at your school's Disability office just to confirm. I know the ACT testing company used to notify schools which students had taken their test with accommodations, but then they got sued and stopped. I hope that's helpful.
    edited August 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • 2plustrio2plustrio 167 replies4 threads Junior Member
    I would try to work with an executive functions coach to set good study habits and organizational skills. This will be key to setting the base of your success.
    Some students may qualify for extra time on tests or written assignments.
    However, within the clinical nursing environment such as clinicals there often are not accommodations as patients lives depend on prompt attention.
    · Reply · Share