Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Who's Applying!? :]

memaw12memaw12 Registered User Posts: 158 Junior Member
edited December 2011 in Lewis & Clark College
Anyone else applying to L&C for 2012? If so, EA or RD? Can't wait to get this Application in!!! :D
Post edited by memaw12 on

Replies to: Who's Applying!? :]

• outdoors12outdoors12 Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    I just sent in my app for EA today!
  • memaw12memaw12 Registered User Posts: 158 Junior Member
    Oh nice! I'm still working on my essays! Lol :)
  • 5boys5boys Registered User Posts: 1,775 Senior Member
    My S is applying EA. He submitted his Supplement but is still fine tuning his essays. Will probably submit next week. He is uber excited!!!
  • Erin's DadErin's Dad Super Moderator Posts: 35,742 Super Moderator
    L&C is a great place. Good luck to all.
  • sunmachinesunmachine Registered User Posts: 824 Member
    S2 is applying EA. 5boys, can you send in the supplement before the common app? Just wondering.
    sunmachine.. Yes, you can submit your supplements before you submit the big CA.. you just click on supplement and then have them fill it out... it asks a few short questions, and then hit submit. He has already sent his test scores as well.
  • sourpatchkid3sourpatchkid3 Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    Submitted today EA!! So excited!
  • kenzie1992kenzie1992 Registered User Posts: 1,003 Senior Member
    Class of '15 here :) Good luck you guys! Hopefully I'll see you next year :)
  • Lily2012Lily2012 Registered User Posts: 76 Junior Member
    me too! haven't submitted yet - working on essays! and waiting on SAT IIs so I won't be able to submit until approx Oct 20. you guys are so on top of it, I'm jealous! hey chance me please? :)
    from a central california public school, ~800 kids
    3.57 UW GPA, 3.93 W
    Grades: As and Bs split pretty evenly I think, with 5 (yikes) Cs sprinkled throughout my transcript. However, I am expecting to have really strong grades this year (with 3 APs)
    1 ap soph yr, 4 jr yr (BIG MISTAKE), 3 sr yr = 8 total
    my grade trend is: good fresh yr, a little worse soph year, worse jr yr, great sr yr
    5 on AP lit test, 4s on euro hist and us hist
    class rank: #32/15% with W GPA (as of the end of last year)
    SAT: 1800 (not going to submit this)
    ACT: 29 (definitely using this instead)
    SAT IIs: waiting on results
    moderately strong ECs - newspaper, special biotech program, Pony Club (non-school related), several clubs, founded harry potter club, internship at a winery/vineyard, tutored in English, weekend job at a horse training barn for several years. that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

unrelated, but I'm also applying at a bunch of UCs, Willamette, Santa Clara U, USF, Occidental, Cal Poly, Chapman, Boulder, U of Portland, and maybe Bryn Mawr.
    PS I'm submitting EA to all my privates to (hopefully) increase my chances
  • HolyMarooshHolyMaroosh Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    You seem to be average or slightly above for L&C's applicants! You should do fine.

I just sent out my application tonight so will have my counselor send out the transcript, test scores, etc. tomorrow. Does anyone know how long it takes for L&C to get back with students who apply EA?
    don't they let you know by January something? sorry I'm not much help haaha.

I am going up in November to look at it and am getting the entire package - interview, class observation, overnight, and tour! so excited! doing the same thing at willamette then too.
  • colomomcolomom Registered User Posts: 55 Junior Member
    D just submitted everything last night. Whew! Keeping our fingers crossed for 1) admission and 2) some good merit aid!
  • kenzie1992kenzie1992 Registered User Posts: 1,003 Senior Member
    I was notified via email of my EA acceptance on Friday, December 17th last year.
    My S submited his EA app this weekend and had an interview yesterday. The interviewer and my S got along great and they ended up talking for awhile.. he was the Dean of Admissions. He told my S he was a VERY strong applicant for admission.. he hopes this is a good sign.. he was excited to say the least. My S said he asked him a hard question.. he asked him, " what other schools are you applying to and what would you do if you got into all of them?".. my S had a great answer.. but he said it definitely stumped him for a minute.
This discussion has been closed.