Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Replies to: Chance?

• thisdude415thisdude415 Registered User Posts: 260 Junior Member
    ask your counselor to send a mid-year report. s/he should know what to do.

basically, they want to make sure you haven't decided to take 3 electives and english OR have senioritis in august
    actually a 7-semester transcript is probably plenty
  • zman13zman13 Registered User Posts: 155 Junior Member
    Well since I only needed English to graduate I took extra classes. My school said they will send out the report on Friday. Wish me luck!

Go Tigers!
  • SaveOnUndergradSaveOnUndergrad - Posts: 137 Junior Member
    Good luck.

And it's *Geaux Tigers*
  • nola90nola90 Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    Best of luck, zman! I hope to see you there this fall. Yep, Geaux Tigers!
    Okay, so LSU said after I send my grades in I should hear back within a few weeks.

Geaux Tigers!
  • DaNDHSIrishGuyDaNDHSIrishGuy Registered User Posts: 197 Junior Member
    Haha, geaux Ragin' Cajuns!

Lol just playin'
  • carolined91carolined91 Registered User Posts: 58 Junior Member
    hmmm...never heard of the Ragin' Cajuns
  • SaveOnUndergradSaveOnUndergrad - Posts: 137 Junior Member
    University of Louisiana Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns

They are inferior to LSU in every aspect, hence LSU does not waste its time concerning itself with ULL.
  • carolined91carolined91 Registered User Posts: 58 Junior Member
    I visited LSU over the weekend. The campus is beautiful and everyone I saw looked incredibly happy and comfortable there. I loved it.
    actually most agree that UL has better programs in nursing and in graduate computer science

for everything else they're teh sukc

anyway, my point was that they're not completely inferior, but lsu would obviously like to change that
  • DaNDHSIrishGuyDaNDHSIrishGuy Registered User Posts: 197 Junior Member
    you couldnt possibly trash its petroleum engineerng program; they have better placement and higher salaries. I mean it's right in an oil city. The freshman class had a 100% placement rate for internships for those that wanted them, and they have smaller class sizes. I'm going to had to pick between LSU and UL soon, and it's going to be tough. I'll just hate to not be there on Saturdays at lsu.
    Well I know all about Saturdays at LSU, you will have the time of your life. When the band marches in from the street...its crazy!
  • LAGatorLAGator Registered User Posts: 387 Member
    Trash talking is all in good fun... My wife has a BA from Nicholls and an MBA from ULL (was USL when she attended - University for Slow Learners), and she has a 20+ Yr. career as a accountant. Her brother has a BS from LSU, a BS from ULL, and an MS from Southeastern - he makes 6 figures / yr. A certain school can definitely factor into your first job after college, but it really comes down to what you can do. I've seen people with degrees from more prestigious universities struggle due to deficient people skills. Make sure that you can continually learn and work as part of a team - and network.
    Okay, so LSU has had all of my information for about 2 weeks now. I still haven't heard anything. When do you guys think I'll hear back?

-Zach
This discussion has been closed.