Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Any acceptances?

2»

Replies to: Any acceptances?

• FatlarkFatlark Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    3.1 GPA. 34 ACT. 5 APs. Should graduate with 12-15 or whatnot. Depends on what college I decide on and if they will accept AP credits. Not many ECs. Only things of note are 200 hours of volunteering and three summers of paid research.

I got 15k/year. Loyola seems like a fine college at a mediocre price, my only concern is that everyone around me will just be dumb. I like my current state of being surrounded by company that allows a competitive nature to thrive. (Out of my 20 or so closest friends I am tied with two others for the second lowest ACT.)
  • arsenal2013arsenal2013 Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    I applied December 1st and received my acceptance today with the Damen Scholarship for 16,000 plus the Jesuit Heritage for 2,500. I had a 33 ACT and 4.04 GPA with 7 AP classes. Does anyone know if there is a higher automatic merit scholarship available? The website indicates that awards go up to 17,000 and there is one called the Presidential Scholarship listed before the Damen Scholarship.

Also, if you are nominated for the Honors College or the Presidential Achievement full ride should that have come with the acceptance packet or does that come later?
  • chrmadichrmadi Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    I was accepted last week!!
    GPA: 3.0
    ACT: 27
    strong essays, recommendations, and extra curricular's
    received the Damen Scholarship for $16k a year
  • arsenal2013arsenal2013 Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    Does anyone know if 16k is the max automatic scholarship you can get?
  • ssharma13ssharma13 Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    Hey! I was accepted today, with the Damen scholarship - 16K.
    ACT: 30
    Academics: AP Calculus AB, AP Biology, AP English 11, AP English 12, AP US Government, AP Comparative Government, AP Spanish Language, AP United States History, (Physics, Chem, Bio, all honors).
    ECs: Musical Theatre, Nationally recognized in National High School Musical Theatre Awards, co-founder of Refugee Empowerment and Service 365 program at my school; Key Club Secretary; Piano - 13 years; Voice - 7 years; 3.99 GPA; 100+ community service hours
  • scisslehanndscisslehannd Registered User Posts: 60 Junior Member
    I agree with Fatlark. I love LUC and its campus but I don't know if it is competitive enough for me. Freshman year in HS I hung around with a bunch of dopes and did very little. Now I hang with the top kids and that only makes me want to succeed more and more.

i'm sure there will be all sorts of kids. Dumb or smart. You will find the smart kids, especially if you're gonna be in the honors program.
2»
This discussion has been closed.