right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Concerned about how to pay for college amid COVID-19 economic changes? Join us for a webinar on Thu, Apr. 9 at 5pm ET. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Check out our newest addition to the Student Lounge. Go to the "STUDENT HERE: Ask Me Anything!" and connect with fellow students who can answer your school specific questions!
Most of the decisions are in by now. Connect with fellow students and share support for those who didn't get the best news.

Trinity College CT vs. Loyola Chicago

collegewoman29collegewoman29 22 replies11 threads Junior Member
Admitted to both, trying to decide which would be the best choice. Looking for a school at which I can focus on graduating early, enjoying the city, and being involved in college clubs...etc. Likely pre-law. Want to go somewhere where people are nice.
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Trinity College CT vs. Loyola Chicago

• happy1happy1 23566 replies2337 threads Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    Very different schools -- a non-sectarian LAC in CT with slightly over 2,000 students and an acceptance rate of 33% v a Jesuit school in Chicago with 16,000+ students and an acceptance rate around 65%. Both are fine colleges and but it is hard to believe you don't have a preference in terms of location, environment etc.

In terms of graduating early I suggest you: 1) take a hard look at the core curriculum of Loyola-Chicago. Most Jesuit colleges require completion of a large core curriculum to graduate which could make graduating early harder and 2) look at the policies of both colleges towards accepting AP/IB/Dual Enrollment (whatever you happen to have) courses towards graduation.
    edited July 2019
    · Reply · Share