right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Join us for a LIVE webinar Friday, April 3 at 3pm ET to hear from admission officers on how COVID-19 is impacting admissions at schools. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
As schools continue to announce their decisions, we put together the Class of 2024 RD Discussions Directory. Connect with fellow applicants NOW!

life at Marietta

deloardeloar 109 replies28 threads Junior Member
edited April 2007 in Marietta College
My D who is a jr in hs has just developed a beginning interest in Marietta after having a host of other schools on her interest list. I would be interest in comments about the school and from other prospects about why they are interested.

My D is interested in public policy/international affairs and vocal music. Both llok good at the school as well as the overall atmosphere and the campus. We plan to visit in March.
edited April 2007
4 replies
Post edited by deloar on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: life at Marietta

• father05father05 224 replies46 threads Junior Member
    deloar,

Wondering if you made that trip and have a Marietta report?
    · Reply · Share
  • deloardeloar 109 replies28 threads Junior Member
    Our visit a few weeks ago was great. I love it. My D friend loved it. My D didn't keep it on her list.

I loved the area, the city and the campus. Goregous. Resources close by. Downtown is just down the hill and has restaurants etc. Shopping stores are within a walk of the campus.

Their leadership program I think is very good. I'm hoping that my D might change her mind, but she just didn't feel like it was what she was looking for. Her friend who wants to major in international business felt it fit her like a "t."

My D choices so far are Beloit, Grinnell, Wooster and Elmhurst. So it isn't that Marietta isn't good. It just didn't come up for her to what she was looking for.

David
    · Reply · Share
  • CShowCShow 36 replies2 threads Junior Member
    any questions you may have about the area/school, i would be happy to try to answer. i grew up in marietta (though am not a student at MC myself), have attended programs there, and i know plenty of people who work there.
    · Reply · Share
  • briansteffybriansteffy 490 replies80 threads Member
    Anyone out there in their BFA Theater (acting) program? How are you liking it. What are the pros and cons?
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity