Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Acceptances!

*Jamie**Jamie* Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
edited February 2008 in Marquette University
I was accepted into the College of Arts and Sciences and I'm definitely attending Marquette in the fall!!
Post edited by *Jamie* on

Replies to: Acceptances!

• icecanesicecanes Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
    I got accepted to the College of Education & will also be attending in the fall! Go us!! I can't wait!
  • whiteluluwhitelulu Registered User Posts: 271 Junior Member
    I'm accepted to this College of Arts and Sciences.
    Technically it's a safety school, but 3 of my grandparents went to Marquette so I was proud to apply!
  • kyleguy90kyleguy90 Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    I was also accepted to the college of arts and sciences. I am looking to do engineering. Marquette was my safety, but I really liked it when I visited.
  • dychangdychang Registered User Posts: 262 Junior Member
    I got accepted, but not going hee hee
  • mdebatermdebater Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
    accepted to a&s with ignatius academic excellence scholarship and prob honors program, but going to BC, ND, or Penn. I like Marquette tho.
    me too, mdebater. Got my scholarship letter in the mail today! Pretty cool, but probably going to go unused. Sorry MU, it's nothing personal.
  • dychangdychang Registered User Posts: 262 Junior Member
    Same situation with mdebater and whitelulu . hee hee
  • IbellibieIbellibie Registered User Posts: 96 Junior Member
    So 2, 2 1/2 weeks ago, my sister calls me and tells me I got my letter from Marquette.

Our conversation:

Me: "Is it a small envelope, or something a bit bigger?"
    Her: "It's normal sized."
    Me: *thinking*WHAT?! My stats were more enough to gain me an acceptance, what happened?*thinking*
    Me: "Ok. Well, I think I got rejected, just open it up for me, ok?"
    Her: "Are you sure? I don't want you mad at me if I have to read you bad news..."
    Me: "Open it up!"
    Her: *reading* "We've received your application but would like to interview you..."

ANGER. So I'm being interviewed in a few weeks, and I'm pretty sure it's because I was home schooled. My scores are high enough (ACT was a 30, 3.86 GPA, etc.) and my essays were very good, imo. :)

So we'll see. Hopefully, in about a month, I'll be able to add my name to the list of acceptances!
  • SenluckSenluck Registered User Posts: 353 Member
    Accepted.. to CAS, but I would attend only if I get accepted into the pre-dental program with descent scholarship.
    I have question. I got Ignatius scholarship, and I'd like to know how much you guys got becuase it varies. anynoe?
  • notthatgood4notthatgood4 . Posts: 543 Member
    I got 36,000 over 4 years. It would still be a bit out of my price range.
    I am guessing it's the maximum... I got $36,000 as well.
    I also got $36,000.

They're is still a possibility you'll get more aid from the university, if you applied for it.
  • stroebsp37stroebsp37 Registered User Posts: 90 Junior Member
    I got 40,000
    But I will not be attending
    I wonder what the yield of Ignatius Scholarship winners is?
  • dbwesdbwes Registered User Posts: 1,660 Senior Member
    My daughter has been accepted to the six year doctorate in physical therapy program with an Ignatian scholarship. Close to 900 applicants this year for 62 spots in the program. She's pretty happy and will most probably attend!
This discussion has been closed.