Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Boston.univ...transfer

ahamdanilbhsahamdanilbhs Registered User Posts: 102 Junior Member
edited July 2013 in Massachusetts Colleges
im thinking of transfering to boston.univ for Electic.engineering
Im want to go to a top ee school.. i know bu is top 50 schools but do you think as well bu could give a better connections to big employers?

thank you
Post edited by ahamdanilbhs on

Replies to: Boston.univ...transfer

• ThebeatlestodayThebeatlestoday Registered User Posts: 1,401 Senior Member
    BU is a good school, but it's not particularly stellar for EE, and there are better schools that could give you lots of connections (and have decent financial aid, since BU has really crappy aid).

It really depends on your academics...
    -If you're looking for a TOP top school, I would recommend MIT (of course,) Caltech, Stanford, Harvard, Cornell, UPenn, and Berkeley.
    -A little lower in prestige would be UCLA, CMU, UIUC, Georgia Tech, UMich--all still amazing schools though.

Could you tell us a bit about yourself academically (courses, GPA, etc.) so we can offer more suggestions?

• ahamdanilbhsahamdanilbhs Registered User Posts: 102 Junior Member
    Well im only a freshman at Seminole state college. I did some research and now have made a list of schools im going to apply. Upenn, Univ.Maryland,Univ.Illinois, Cornell,Carnagie Mellon, Geor.Tech, Northwestern, Univ.Texas, Duke, Uc.Berkley, OhioState
This discussion has been closed.