right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

MIT Application Questions

ktong777ktong777 123 replies54 threads Junior Member
I've been working on the MIT Applications and I have a number of questions as for where to put things and how to format certain things.
1. Should I include jobs in the activities section or should I just list it in the jobs section?
2. For the Summer Activities section, could we put multiple date ranges for the Approximate Dates of Participation? I traveled all 3 summers of high school but I don't know if I need to list traveling 3 times for each of the summers (it says to put most recent summer activity first) or should I just list all 3 date ranges in one box.
3. How do we report scores for AP tests that we self-studied? I noticed they only give you a place to put AP scores for the AP courses that you've taken, but I self-studied 2 more AP tests.
4. Where do we report SAT Subject Test Scores aside from the 2 that are required? I've taken SAT Math 2, SAT Chinese, SAT Chemistry, and I'm taking SAT Physics in August. Where do I report my Chinese and Physics scores?
5. Should I report audited courses (on Coursera, EdX, etc) under the coursework section? I noticed I don't have a grade for those courses I audited, should I just leave that box blank and explain it in the grading system section?
edited July 13
4 replies
Post edited by CCAdmin_Vic on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: MIT Application Questions

This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity