Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What to do with a Math major? Double major in Econ and Math vs Math major and Econ minor

confusedfikerconfusedfiker Registered User Posts: 22 New Member
Hi beautiful people,
I am currently a first year at Hamilton College ( 45% of students major or minor in Econ). I have been taking Math and Econ courses with the idea of double majoring in Econ and Math. However, I am having a lot difficulty with Econ. I have tried both Macroeconomics and Microeconomics- I don't even enjoy the classes. Math- statistics and stuff is what I am interested right now, and would like to work in Wall Street. I thought about majoring in Stats, but Hamilton doesn't have that major. Anyways, I am trying to decide what to do major in Math and minor in Econ ( I am three classes away from minoring) or tough it out and major in both.
Thanks!
Also, I am international student- if that makes a difference.

Replies to: What to do with a Math major? Double major in Econ and Math vs Math major and Econ minor

This discussion has been closed.