right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
1 DAY until our COVID-19's impact on admissions webinar, tomorrow at 3:00 pm ET. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Check out our newest addition to the Student Lounge. Go to the "STUDENT HERE: Ask Me Anything!" and connect with fellow students who can answer your school specific questions!
Most of the decisions are in by now. Connect with fellow students and share support for those who didn't get the best news.

AP Calculus AB Exam

jdroidxwjdroidxw 225 replies69 threads Junior Member
I will be taking the ap calc ab exam in about a month... I was wondering is it possible to get a 5 on the ap exam if you get 100% on the MC and about 50% on FR? I know you can't get a 5 with that without the scaling/curving whatever its called.
edited April 2011
6 replies
Post edited by jdroidxw on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: AP Calculus AB Exam

• garfieldlikergarfieldliker 1914 replies78 threads Senior Member
    I think 75% is enough for a 5...
    · Reply · Share
  • jdroidxwjdroidxw 225 replies69 threads Junior Member
    what about... lets say a 80% on mc and 50% on fr?
    · Reply · Share
  • nhartmann10nhartmann10 41 replies0 threads Junior Member
    My Calc teacher recently gave my class a previously administered exam for which you only needed 63% of possible points to get a 5. I think the curve is typically very lenient.
    · Reply · Share
  • bluewindbluewind 295 replies89 threads Member
    But now you can guess freely without losing any points, so the curve will be more harsh now...probably 75-80%.
    · Reply · Share
  • TheMathProfTheMathProf 810 replies0 threads Member
    Interestingly enough, the projection is that the number of points needed for a 5 isn't going to go up by that much, and that the number of points for a 2 would go up by a larger amount.

At first, that seems counter-intuitive, but figure that most people getting a 5 aren't missing very many questions in the first place, and weren't getting hit too hard by that 1/4 point penalty. They won't gain much from answering every question either, as they probably weren't skipping a ton of questions either.
    · Reply · Share
  • PinkLoverPinkLover 108 replies10 threads Junior Member
    Do you guys know approximately what the new percentages of the test you have to get right to get a 3 or 4?

I placed calculus on the back burner to focus on my other tests and now on the calc practice tests I'm scoring low-ish 3s... ****. I'm going to cram, because I know all the concepts pretty well, I just can't apply them sometimes.. And there are a few things I need to learn more like critical points/max/min/ etc
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity