right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
1 DAY until our COVID-19's impact on admissions webinar, tomorrow at 3:00 pm ET. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Check out our newest addition to the Student Lounge. Go to the "STUDENT HERE: Ask Me Anything!" and connect with fellow students who can answer your school specific questions!
Most of the decisions are in by now. Connect with fellow students and share support for those who didn't get the best news.

Ap Calculus Bc self-studying

rd2012rd2012 446 replies106 threads Member
I am currently taking Ap calculus ab but i am planning to take the bc exam because I will take calculus bc over the summer. I heard that ap calculus bc is just a slight extension of ap calculus ab. Right now I haven't learned the bc concepts yet. I am planning to spend about 2 hours a day studying the bc concepts starting tomorrow. Will this be enough time to ensure a 5 for the bc test?
edited April 2011
4 replies
Post edited by rd2012 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Ap Calculus Bc self-studying

• RaRuggedRaRugged 70 replies12 threads Junior Member
    Really? Slight extension is somewhat an understatement.

There are four chapters of tedious material in discrepancy. This is not to say it is "impossible" to acquaint yourself with this knowledge in a month, but it is certainly a Herculean feat if accomplished. Not only does BC have significantly more material included, but it goes into greater depth onto topics covered in AB.

So, good luck.
    · Reply · Share
  • daem0ndaem0n 266 replies12 threads Junior Member
    No. It's essentially a semester of work. I would not recommend you self study it starting now...
    · Reply · Share
  • yumikimnguyenyumikimnguyen 61 replies8 threads Junior Member
    it's achieavable.
    Get a BC prep book and cover any material you don't already know,

Despite what they^ say, Calculus AB + BC can definitely be self-studied in two months. and since you are only self-studying BC, a month is fine.
    · Reply · Share
  • failboatfailboat 383 replies11 threads Member
    If you have an aptitude for mathematics, the material in BC should come to you naturally as well. Take a peek at it and gauge for yourself whether this is manageable or not.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity