Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Official AP Statistics Scores 2011

abc12311580abc12311580 Registered User Posts: 200 Junior Member
Hey, there's one for Calc so I wanted to make one for stats

1:
2:
3:
4:
5: 1
Post edited by abc12311580 on

Replies to: Official AP Statistics Scores 2011

• bluewindbluewind Registered User Posts: 384 Member
    1:
    2:
    3:
    4:
    5: 2
  • LemonCatLemonCat Registered User Posts: 536 Member
    I haven't gotten my scores yet, but I'm especially curious for Stat: how do you think the curve was this year, and how much do you think the new "no points taken off wrong MC" affected the scores?
  • abc12311580abc12311580 Registered User Posts: 200 Junior Member
    I thought the FR section were easier than usual and my teacher agreed but that could be since I did almost every FR section on the website from past years. The MC section was ok too (especially compared to Barron's lol), except for like 5 weird questions so I think the curve must've been normal-mildly harsh, maybe like 70/100? (70 was for the 2002 exam I think and I found that exam to be a similar difficulty) The lack of guessing penalty prob helped scores a little since I know I guessed on a few that I would've otherwise left blank.
  • allenj5793allenj5793 Registered User Posts: 65 Junior Member
    I made a 3... which really surprised me. I did well in Stats all year, and I felt EXTREMELY confident when I left the exam site. I only know of one multiple choice question that I for sure got wrong, and I felt that the FRQs were pretty easy compared to our real, practice AP tests (which I made/projected 5s on). Oh well. The funny thing is, last year, I didn't feel a bit confident about AP Calc AB, but I made a 5 on that exam.

1:
    2:
    3: 1
    4:
  • abc12311580abc12311580 Registered User Posts: 200 Junior Member
    After the FRQ scoring guidelines come out this month, compare your answers and if your FRQ score is what you predicted, maybe you should go for a rescore. Usually, if you're more than a point off your prediction, a rescore might be worth it.
  • portableheartportableheart Registered User Posts: 178 Junior Member
    I was sure I'd get a 3, but I got a 4. I'm quite happy with it, personally.

1:
    2:
    4: 1
  • webasswebass - Posts: 666 Member
    1:
    2:
    5: 3
  • MoldyBrickMoldyBrick Registered User Posts: 69 Junior Member
    1:
    2:
    5: 4
  • MMAfAnatic9MMAfAnatic9 Registered User Posts: 201 Junior Member
    1:
    2:
    5: 5
    I would have been so mad if I didn't get a 5
  • JavaFtwJavaFtw Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    1:
    2:
    5: 6

Think I missed 1 MC on the whole test...super ez.
  • ReddittRedditt Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    1:
    2:
    5: 7

The AP test was by far the easiest stats test I took the entire year. Did anyone else think the free response was way easier than any of the previous years?
  • AlesteorsAlesteors Registered User Posts: 170 Junior Member
    1:
    2:
    3: 2

I'm a bit disappointed, because I thought I could have gotten a 4. I did well in Stats all year, but it was the first year the school offered the class and we were about 5 chapters short of what was on the AP test, and our teacher encouraged us to just study what we went over and not go and try and teach ourselves the rest, which I think screwed us a bit. But a 3's not terrible, so I'll take it :)
  • agamemnon5agamemnon5 Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
    1:
    2:
    4: 2

I am ecstatic for this 4. :) Of course I was secretly wishing for a 5, but this was my first AP exam ever and the first time it was offered at my school along with a teacher who has never taught it before. We went from a class of 32 to a class of 22, and 2 people didn't even take the exam my teacher was so bad. She told us she was "learning the material right along with us", and once skipped a section halfway through because she couldn't understand it and couldn't answer our questions! So this 4 is worth bragging, and it's certainly good enough for me! :D
  • mathelamathela Registered User Posts: 318 Member
    1:
    2:
    5: 8

thought i would get a very high 4 and must have barely got my 5. yay
  • ekf815ekf815 Registered User Posts: 112 Junior Member
    1:
    2: