Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Thinking about switching my major

strugglingwaterstrugglingwater Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
I’m a first year accounting major and after the first two classes of accounting, I cannot stand accounting. I’m not bad at accounting, it’s very annoying and I can’t see my self working as an accountant. I’ve been thinking about switching to CS or engineering. Any advice? Thank you!

Replies to: Thinking about switching my major

• damon30damon30 Registered User Posts: 1,152 Senior Member
    Switch to CS or engineering.
  • TheSATTeacherTheSATTeacher Registered User Posts: 192 Junior Member
    Sometimes introductory classes aren't representative of what later classes will be like, and sometimes classes aren't representative of what the corresponding profession is like. However, often they are representative. I don't know much about accounting classes, or what it is like to be an accountant, so I can't provide the most specific advice. That being said, if you envision that the features of your current classes to which you are averse will also be features of your future classes in accounting, than I would recommend changing majors or at least testing the waters elsewhere.
  • strugglingwaterstrugglingwater Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    I’m a first year accounting major and after the first two classes of accounting, I cannot stand accounting. I’m not bad at accounting, it’s very annoying and I can’t see my self working as an accountant. I’ve been thinking about switching to CS or engineering. Any advice? Thank you!
  • UCBUSCalumUCBUSCalum Registered User Posts: 982 Member
    Are you at a 4 year university or cc. Have you taken any engineering or CS prerequisite?