Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

McGill Offer Rescind?

ZerofeXZerofeX Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
edited July 2012 in McGill University
Ok, basically I applyed to McGill after finishing my entire high school education as I chose to take all my finals half a year early( unusual I know, but its possible in the british system, just not done very often or advised). Anyway I had like a A*A*C as my grades. I stupidly told mcgill though in the application form that I plan to resit my grade C for a better grade. Now my question is what if god forbid I get something like a C again? I dont expect too but have to plan for the worst and hope for the best. Will my offer be rescinded? If it helps I know people who have kept their offer after getting somthing like BBC as their final grades even though they were predicted much higher like AAA in the application form.

By the way for the americans reading this, Grade C in the british system isnt like grade C in american high schools. Its like a 4 on the AP tests as we are offered advanced credit for grades C or higher.
Post edited by ZerofeX on

Replies to: McGill Offer Rescind?

• BlobofBlobof Registered User Posts: 1,183 Senior Member
    They don't rescind except in extreme circumstances (not getting your HS diploma, lying your on application, that sort of deal), which is not your case. Getting a C they don't care about. Getting nothing but C's suddenly, then they might.
  • AnniehahaAnniehaha Registered User Posts: 29 New Member
    similar problem:

I got into mcgill with a predicted IB score of 41 out of 45.
    My results just came out today and I got a 37 out of 45.

Will they rescind my offer?
  • ZerofeXZerofeX Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    @Anniehaha

I posted this thread here because my situation is a bit unique but even I can tell you for a fact that your fine and your offer will remain with that score. People have kept their offers with 32's and 31's in the past.
  • msid94msid94 Registered User Posts: 22 New Member
    I'm stressing a lot as well, overall average went down 3% with one course dropping 'majorly' I heard that they don't rescind for single courses but I'm still worried.
    What part of "extreme circumstances" do you guys not understand? They won't rescind you. Really, this is an extremely rare occurence. If you graduate from high school/c
  • 00chengh00chengh Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    I've heard that the faculty of sci is very competitive, and I am an IBDP student myself. One of my science HL course dropped from 6 to 5, and the McGill site states the science needs to be a 6. I'm thinking whether they will rescind the offer because of the competitiveness in the program.
  • msid94msid94 Registered User Posts: 22 New Member
    If your "high school grad proof" and "completion of ib" thing is checked as received, then you should be fine. I called the office a few days ago when my transcript had been received but my status still remained, "offer of admission accepted", and she said you're fine and the status will change in August.
    Science ain't that competitive. They're not going to turn your money away for one course. Really, they don't rescind so easily, it would be a major hassle for everyone involved.
This discussion has been closed.