Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
MelissaB16MelissaB16 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
edited July 2012 in McGill University
I am born in Canada,Quebec... I currently live in the States. I want to go to McGill after graduating but do I need to take CEGEP before entering McGill?? And what are the requirement for a USA students applying to McGill??
Thank you in advance!!
Post edited by MelissaB16 on

Replies to: Help!!

• soireeculturellesoireeculturelle Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    I went through the same situation as you.

A lot, if not all of my AP credits were transfered. Didn't need CEGEP since I had my grade 12 GED.

didn't know the requirement off hand, but I studied management and they were on par with any mid-tier business programs on the US East Coast

also, you may qualify for Quebec resident tuition ($3000 as opposed to $10k or so), as long as you study part-time for 12 months before becoming a full-time student.
  • tomofbostontomofboston Registered User Posts: 2,373 Senior Member
    If you were born in Quebec, you will qualify for the Quebec tuition rate from the start.

The answers to the rest of your questions can be found on the McGill website under Admissions---Undergraduate----Requirements----USA
  • MelissaB16MelissaB16 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Thank you so much guys for your help:) I can still have the Quebec tuition rate even if I didnt went to CEGEP??
  • ttparentttparent Registered User Posts: 1,913 Senior Member
    I can still have the Quebec tuition rate even if I didnt went to CEGEP??

Yes. As tomofboston said, if you were born in Quebec, you are qualified for the Quebec tuition. I know a student graduated from US high school that was able to do this.
This discussion has been closed.