right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

McGill or GW

rickykurrickykur 8 replies5 threads New Member
edited May 2013 in McGill University
just got accepted to McGill (got off of waitlist), after sending in deposit to GW. Now need to make the final decision - Honors program at The George Washington University in DC at the Elliot School for international development, where plan to study international development/relations with focus on global healthcare policy, versus going to McGill..... how to choose/Decide? McGill will be substantially less expensive, but trading off DC versus Montreal, a US "college experience" with the dormlife versus Montreal where it appears to be more "independent" etc.
Thoughts?
edited May 2013
2 replies
Post edited by rickykur on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: McGill or GW

• rezkullrezkull 13 replies0 threads New Member
    McGill... you'll have a much better time. GW has a lot of connections and you'll meet a lot of other good rich kids... but it is in no way the top of the pack academically. On the other hand your focus major is a strong point of GW.

Montreal is a beautiful city with more of a life experience than just a college experience...it will get you ready for a working life with other college kids going through it with you. The girls are better I hear at McGill as well... better looks and better mentality. Take it from me where my private school sends MANY girls to GW...yea. It's a specific type of girl.

Save your cash and have the better experience in McGill... though it might be easier to get a job graduating from an American University.
    OTHERWISE... reject your offer from McGill so people like me can get into the waitlist. =D

Good luck and I hope to see you in Montreal!
    · Reply · Share
  • CatriaCatria 11199 replies150 threads Senior Member
    You can get a MS in health policy at GWU after undergrad at McGill if that's what you want. However, you're going to need a 3.5+ and 155+ on each GRE subscore (analytic writing doesn't account for much)... and then choose a thesis subject and electives related to global healthcare policy.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity