Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

SAT for International students???

sanguinemonstersanguinemonster Registered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
Does McGill University require SAT scores for international students? I heard that only Americans need to send it in but I'm not sure if it's true. TOEFL is for sure required, right??

Replies to: SAT for International students???

• upapilotupapilot Registered User Posts: 178 Junior Member
    edited March 2014
    SAT is not mandatory for international (Non-American) students. If you have received your secondary education in a language other than English, then you need to take the TOEFL.

Although the SAT and SAT Subject Tests are not required, taking them is highly recommended as these tests can provide admissions officers with a good measure of your academic level. A good SAT score will certainly boost your chance of admission and might even get you an admission decision sooner (McGill follows a rolling admission process). The TOEFL is quite unnecessary if English is your mother-tongue or if you go to an English school.
  • sanguinemonstersanguinemonster Registered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
    @upapilot Ohh, alright. Thank you for the fast reply :)

English is basically my first language so I guess I wouldn't need to send TOEFL...but my SAT scores aren't incredibly high so I'm not sure if I should send it. Does McGill superscore? My superscore is 1820. It doesn't meet the minimum, I think:/
  • upapilotupapilot Registered User Posts: 178 Junior Member
    @sanguinemonster I don't think McGill super-scores the SAT, though I'm not sure about this. You could email the Admissions Office to find out...
This discussion has been closed.