right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Applying to McGill as an IB student

alanalaruealanalarue 5 replies3 threads New Member
Hi! I am finishing my IB program this November, and want to study International Business (Bachelor of Commerce) at McGill next fall. I wanted to know what kind of IB scores they expect to be competitive. I am hoping for a 37, but of course iI might get a 35 or a 39 because with these tests you never know -__- #iblife

Also, how do they weigh these in relation to high-school grades? My grades are good, not excellent. Especially this year I did very poorly in the first two semesters because I got hit by a motorcycle and couldn't go to school for 3 weeks, or type with my left hand, among other things, basically I really fell behind in one of the most important times of the IB program. I have gotten back on track and think I will do well in the actual exams.

Thank you!! :)
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Applying to McGill as an IB student

• alanalaruealanalarue 5 replies3 threads New Member
    edited August 2015
    A few more details: I am a Canadian citizen but go to school in Lima, Peru. Also, I do Maths Standards (not maths studies). Also, I am not at the top of my class (I am in the middle), but the IB at my school is only 30 students, who are the top third of the grade.
    I also saw on another discussion that someone was asked for their IGCSE grades, which I got 4 A*, 3 A's, and 1 C.
    edited August 2015
    · Reply · Share
  • upapilotupapilot 173 replies5 threads Junior Member
    edited August 2015
    McGill enforces very rigorous minimum standards for admission. Here are last year's entrance requirements:
    http://www.mcgill.ca/applying/admissionsguide/standards/ib

For Management the required IB score is 35 points with 6 in SL Math or 5 in HL Math.
    You are just above the minimum so you should be a fairly competitive applicant.
    edited August 2015
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity