right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Should I bother applying again?

MacistonMaciston 4 replies1 threads New Member
I am currently in a gap year before university. I applied to McGill last year and despite the fact that I slightly exceed the minimum published requirements, I was still rejected due to space. I applied in December of last year which may have had something to do with all the spaces filling up. Given this, do you think I would have any chance of being accepted if I were to reapply this year?
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Should I bother applying again?

• Happy4uHappy4u 313 replies2 threads Member
    @Maciston - you could check the latest standards for Admissions as posted by @SwimmingDad : https://www.mcgill.ca/applying/files/applying/us_admission_standards_2018.pdf
    Also be aware that tuition in the Faculty of Arts is expected to increase significantly next year if you are an International student without Canadian or French citizenship. Good luck!
    · Reply · Share
  • DadTwoGirlsDadTwoGirls 6933 replies2 threads Senior Member
    You could reapply. However don't count on getting a different result.

You might want to also consider Concordia which is just up the street from McGill and which is also very good. There is some cross registration so that if you become a student at Concordia you will probably be able to take a few classes at McGill. Concordia will be significantly less expensive for an international student (assuming that you are not either from Canada nor a citizen of France).

There are also a significant number of other very good universities in Canada. The maclean's university rankings are a good place to start if you are looking for a list.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity