right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

McGill going test optional?

axmckenzieaxmckenzie 3 replies1 threads New Member
Hey guys, I am a U.S. student interested in McGill University. I was wondering if any of you know if McGill will go test optional for the 2020-2021 year? I also saw that they require the SAT along with two subject test but given COVID-19, that does not seem possible for me so I'm not sure of my chances there.
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: McGill going test optional?

• TomSrOfBostonTomSrOfBoston 15908 replies1063 threads Senior Member
    McGill has not yet made any announcement regarding standardized testing requirements for the next admissions cycle. My guess is that it will become optional but a decision should be coming out over the summer.

Also, if you submit the ACT then subject tests are not required.
    · Reply · Share
  • TomSrOfBostonTomSrOfBoston 15908 replies1063 threads Senior Member
    edited July 31
    McGill will be test optional for Fall, 2021 admission.

https://www.mcgill.ca/applying/requirements/usa
    In response to the interruption of testing services brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic, McGill University is offering all 2021 applicants who would normally be required to submit test scores, the option of including or excluding these scores as factors in the admission decision. This applies to students applying on the basis of a U.S. high school diploma to most undergraduate programs*.

At this time, the 'test optional’ initiative is temporary and applies to Fall 2021 applicants only. ACT and SAT & SAT Subject Tests scores will remain a required component of the McGill application process for Fall 2022 applicants and beyond.

*Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, Arts, BA&Sc, Education, including Kinesiology, Engineering, including Architecture, Management, Nursing, and Science."
    edited July 31
    · Reply · Share
  • axmckenzieaxmckenzie 3 replies1 threads New Member
    That's good to hear, thanks for the update!
    · Reply · Share