Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Good Luck to All

mcgilldadmcgilldad Registered User Posts: 310 Member
edited August 2007 in McGill University
As the first year students pack up and leave for McGill and a whole new world of experiences, I just want to wish you all "Best of Luck". I have enjoyed talking with you. Do great things!!!
Post edited by mcgilldad on

Replies to: Good Luck to All

• sup625sup625 Registered User Posts: 42 Junior Member
    thx. im a bit nervous but also extremely excited. lol. i really do hope we go on to great things, hopefully McGill will help along the way and make the experience that much better. Good luck to all also!
  • woodywoody Registered User Posts: 3,861 Senior Member
    Thanks, mcgilldad from a mom. I'll pass your goodluck wishes on to my S. Your advice and info have been so helpful to us. You won't believe how many times your name has come up in dinnertime conversations: "Well, mcgilldad says this or mcgilldad says that." Last week my husband was wondering about some voice-rez thing and he actually said, "Does mcgilldad know?"
    PS He's never even been on CC!!
  • Student1Student1 Registered User Posts: 285 Junior Member
    thanks mcgilldad. your helpful posts have been always been appreciated!
  • drmambodrmambo Registered User Posts: 459 Member
    thanks alot, mcgilldad. Best of luck to your daughter at mcgill, as well...
  • thedoverdemonthedoverdemon Registered User Posts: 225 Junior Member
    Thanks. I'm heading off to Montreal within a week and I'm excited about it!
  • BOYSOFWINTERBOYSOFWINTER Registered User Posts: 124 Junior Member
    This mother w/ son are also off to McGill this weekend. We came to count on your advice, McGill Dad! You added a personal touch to the process of choosing the right school; it's possible it wouldn't have happened without that added human element. As he packs his gear for shinny hockey, leather blazer for going out, and pots and pans for cooking on weekends, I am grateful for the experience he will have. And yes, is he SO ready for the adventure. Good luck to all!
  • mcgilldadmcgilldad Registered User Posts: 310 Member
    Thanks for the lovely compliments....you give me encouragement to do this again next year, with a whole new crop of students (generally with the same old questions). I hope some of the incoming students and their parents will keep checking CC and add their thoughtful comments as well.
  • WasOnceMellowMomWasOnceMellowMom Registered User Posts: 67 Junior Member
    You have been a great and reassuring voice of reason on this board. What Mcgilldad says has also been well respected these past few months at our house. Thank you for your good wishes and we hope your daughter has a good year.
  • OrlandymomOrlandymom Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    McGill Dad,
    We are already on the long drive north, and have picked up so many helpful tips from your posts and those of others who have been in school for a year or so. Thank-you to everyone who has jumped in answered what are (as McGill Dad mentioned) likely to be the same procedural questions each year. What a great adventure.
  • 1mike121mike12 Registered User Posts: 68 Junior Member
    McGill DAD, YOU ARE AWESOME! thanks for your wise insights and lending us advice. I will be erecting a McGill dad statue next to James McGill for you.

Here is an artist's concept of what it will look like when completed.

MCGILL DAD STATUE
    [url]http://i13.****/albums/a279/1Mike12/mcgilldad.jpg[/url]
  • dufaydufay Registered User Posts: 381 Member
    All incoming frosh- please continue posting! McGill has moved to the top of my D's list and more info/impressions from non-tour guides appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.