right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Roommate

brown14brown14 589 replies219 threads Member
edited June 2010 in McGill University
If you're in a double, does mcgill randomly assign you a roommate? are you not given the chance to pick a roommate to avoid the awkwardness of someone you dont like
edited June 2010
1 replies
Post edited by brown14 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Roommate

• AndrewheatAndrewheat 214 replies2 threads Junior Member
    From what I remember reading, the room (and roommate) you are assigned to is decided by the Floor Fellows in charge of your residence. If you had a friend in mind, and you are assigned to the same dorm, you can contact them to ask for it.

That's what I've heard people suggest, but have no idea if they do approve such requests, though I don't see why they wouldn't.

Besides, if you answered the survey with correct details at the time of paying the deposit, it's unlikely they would pair you up with a polar-opposite roommate.

Edit: Oh and you could join the Mcgill Rez Life facebook group to ask there for official information.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity