right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Caq

puryearnpuryearn 91 replies10 threads Junior Member
edited July 2010 in McGill University
Does anyone know how long the Immigration Quebec people take to process your documents once they receive them? UPS said that my documents were delivered to them yesterday, but they have not stated in my file that they have received my documents. I'm kind of worried that it will take too long, since move-in is about two months away!
edited July 2010
6 replies
Post edited by puryearn on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Caq

• tomofbostontomofboston 2258 replies115 threads Senior Member
    2 to 4 weeks after documentation is received according to this brochure:
    http://www.mcgill.ca/files/internationalstudents/ISSFlyer.pdf

It usually takes a while for online statuses to update.
    · Reply · Share
  • alizedalized 9 replies0 threads New Member
    You don't need to worry; I have contacted them about the same issue and they told me that it usually takes 7 to 10 days to update your online profile. However, in my case it took about 2 weeks because my documents were lost and found. About a week after my profile was updated my caq was approved.
    · Reply · Share
  • rdh1991rdh1991 552 replies50 threads Member
    if you are a Canadian citizen, living in the US, you don't need to do this step correct?
    · Reply · Share
  • tkdkidtkdkid 161 replies6 threads Junior Member
    you need to be a citizen of quebec to skip this i'm pretty sure
    · Reply · Share
  • rdh1991rdh1991 552 replies50 threads Member
    ok. thanks!
    · Reply · Share
  • glendalais89glendalais89 83 replies5 threads Junior Member
    (Wow, I haven't posted on this forum in years. Lo and behold what a Google search will dig up, eh?)

Anyway, before someone else stumbles upon this through Google, let me just clear this up.

Quebec, despite efforts to the contrary, remains a part of Canada. There is no, again despite efforts to the contrary, such thing as a "Quebec Citizenship". Any one legally authorized to be in Canada can move to Quebec without applying for further permission.

The only persons who need to apply for a Certificat d'acceptation du Qu
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity