right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ski_racer, a high-achiever in high school, was rejected by some of the elite schools she applied to. This rejection was the best thing that happened to her as she got to choose her own path. Learn how she fell in love with her safety school, ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Dyed Hair

Ajd081398Ajd081398 2 replies3 threads New Member
My hair is black on the sides and back of my head (my natural color), and bleached a golden/caramel type of blonde on top. The sides are shaved and the top grows down to my shoulder. I am a male.

Will my hairstyle affect me at all when applying to medical school, or when applying for jobs after medical school?
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Dyed Hair

• WayOutWestMomWayOutWestMom 11031 replies236 threads Senior Member
    Yes. It will be perceived negatively.

Medicine is inherently a very conservative profession. Your dress and grooming are expected to conform to professional norms.

Remember you will be a in profession where you you will be dealing with the public at all times, and that many of your patients will be older individuals.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity