right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Join us for a LIVE webinar Friday, April 3 at 3pm ET to hear from admission officers on how COVID-19 is impacting admissions at schools. Due to very high demand we will be streaming the event on our Facebook page. Let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Cooper Union is rumored to release decisions tomorrow (4/1). Share your outcome!
Tulane is rumored to release decisions today (3/31). Share your outcome!
As schools continue to announce their decisions, we put together the Class of 2024 RD Discussions Directory. Connect with fellow applicants NOW!

Dyed Hair

Ajd081398Ajd081398 2 replies3 threads New Member
My hair is black on the sides and back of my head (my natural color), and bleached a golden/caramel type of blonde on top. The sides are shaved and the top grows down to my shoulder. I am a male.

Will my hairstyle affect me at all when applying to medical school, or when applying for jobs after medical school?
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Dyed Hair

• WayOutWestMomWayOutWestMom 10634 replies229 threads Senior Member
    Yes. It will be perceived negatively.

Medicine is inherently a very conservative profession. Your dress and grooming are expected to conform to professional norms.

Remember you will be a in profession where you you will be dealing with the public at all times, and that many of your patients will be older individuals.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity