right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

James Patterson funds scholarships for future teachers

romanigypsyeyesromanigypsyeyes 34216 replies770 threads Senior Member
James Patterson funds MSU scholarships for future teachers
EAST LANSING, Mich. — Best-selling author James Patterson is creating a scholarship program at Michigan State University to help prepare teachers ready to serve in urban areas.

His gift to the College of Education will provide $60,000 a year for students enrolled in the Urban Educators Cohort Program, a specialized teacher preparation track that begins during freshmen year.

“When I read about the excellent teaching programs at MSU’s College of Education and its Urban Educators Cohort, I hoped there would be an opportunity for me to help,” said Patterson, writer of well-known detective novels and several children’s books. “I wanted to give a hand to eager students who take on the challenge of becoming great teachers.”

The eight recipients of the James Patterson Teacher Education Scholarships will be selected this summer. Each will receive $7,500 a year for tuition starting with the fall semester.

Very cool new scholarship for anyone interested in this program. I'm glad it received attention and funding as it really is a fantastic program.
0 replies
· Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity