Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

VOLUNTEER VOLUNTEER VOLUNTEER!

annieg14annieg14 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
I see here a lot of people getting deferred/wait listed with high GPAs/ACT/SAT scores.

I went to MSU over the summer for their "future vet convention" and the admissions told me that volunteer work matters A LOT. They've seen people apply with high GPAs and scores, but no extra curricular activities and no volunteer work. Most were not accepted.

Unfortunately, that was junior year so I crammed in as much volunteer work as I possibly could.

I don't have a very high GPA (uw 3.2) and I even failed a class, but my ACT was 24 and I got deferred. Not the best news, but around 85% of their deferents get accepted. I highly think I wasn't denied due to all my volunteer work.

MSU wants me to send over my seventh semester grades and I am still awaiting on the decision!

Replies to: VOLUNTEER VOLUNTEER VOLUNTEER!

• riverbirchriverbirch Registered User Posts: 637 Member
    No the volunteer stuff was a bunch of bull in my opinion. It's about your grades so get the best grades you can to pull that GPA up and you will get in. ACT is fine.
This discussion has been closed.