Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Too many AP classes?

Student7474Student7474 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
I am currently a Sophomore in high school taking AP Studies (which is AP U.S History and Honors English 2 combined), IB Chemistry Year 1, Health, Band, Honors Pre-Calculus, and French 2. Normally, I am a straight A student but my grades have dropped a little this year, and I have a B+ in AP Studies and a B in Honors Pre-Calc. Next year, I want to take (for sure): AP Government, IB Chemistry Year 2, AP Physics, and IB French Year 1 (if French 3 is not a pre-requisite). For English, I'm deciding between Honors English 3 or AP Lang, and for math, I'm considering taking AP Calculus AB. I'm just wondering, is this workload too much? Should I do an Honors English instead of an AP one?

P.S. I plan to major in Biology, Chemistry, or Forensic Science in college.
P.S.S. I know IB isn't offered at all schools, so for those of you who don't know, it is a 5.0 class like AP, but it focuses more on the thought process than on the hard facts.
This discussion has been closed.