right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Do I have a shot?

kylerobideaukylerobideau 3 replies2 threads New Member
Just kinda scared that I won't get in. Applied 10/31.

White, middle class, first-gen student
Major: Computer Science

3.58 UW GPA (school doesn't weight), all honors classes, AP Gov last year, AP Physics this year
1180 SAT 610E/570M
Ranked ~56/224
Had a great improvement in my grades between sophomore and junior year (kept a steady 3.8+)

ECs:
Varsity swimming 2 years
Marching band 2 years
Concert band 3 years
NHS 2 years
Interact club (Rotary) 2 years
Part time jobs since July 2016
Quiz Bowl 2 years
Dancer in musical
Built my gaming PC, have upgraded mine and my friends' multiple times
Coach 3-6 year old kids to swim

Awards:
Most improved musician- 2016-17 marching season
Downriver League All-Academic Award

I feel like I wrote two great essays, one about my coach passing away and the other about my best friend being discriminated against because he's gay.

Thanks and go green!
6 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Do I have a shot?

• Kingly71Kingly71 123 replies69 threads Junior Member
    Yes i think you may get in to the school im not sure about major tho and they will probably recalculate your gpa
    · Reply · Share
  • Kingly71Kingly71 123 replies69 threads Junior Member
    i just got in 2 days ago with a 3.8 W and a 1210 on SAT for engineering
    · Reply · Share
  • djbaydawgdjbaydawg 59 replies11 threads Junior Member
    I have similar academics and also have a lot of EC and AP's. I used a website called Cappex, u create an account and enter ur info and it chances u. I have a 'excellent chance' of getting in based on my GPA and SAT. It also shows u a dot graph of students accepted/denied based off of scores. very helpful. U have a slightly higher SAT than I which gives you a better shot. So, hopefully, we will be the class of 2022 :)
    · Reply · Share
  • kylerobideaukylerobideau 3 replies2 threads New Member
    Edit: I changed my major to Media and Information after thinking about what I want to do. Also because it may improve my chances.
    · Reply · Share
  • djbaydawgdjbaydawg 59 replies11 threads Junior Member
    Yes you will. I just got accepted today; I had a GPA of 3.623 W and a 1160 SAT superscore. I also had as many ECs as you. you'll be fine :)
    · Reply · Share
  • kylerobideaukylerobideau 3 replies2 threads New Member
    Thank you and congratulations! Go green!!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity