right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Can I get into Michigan State University?

JadsafJadsaf 14 replies5 threads Junior Member
I am a current high school senior and I applied to MSU. I have a 3.22 unweighted gpa and a 3.45 weighted. Also, I have a 1290 SAT. I know my gpa is low, but my freshmen year, I had a 2.8 gpa, and I improved and got a 3.65 my junior year. What are my chances of getting in? I have good personal statements, I have a lot of volunteering like in a library for 2 years and one summer volunteering at the hospital. I also have played soccer for 5 years, have 6 years in marching band, 7 years in band, 1 year in symphonic band, 3 years in jazz band, and I have a leadership position the marching band. Please tell me because im nervous. Do I have a chance?
8 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Can I get into Michigan State University?

• JadsafJadsaf 14 replies5 threads Junior Member
    also, I have premedical as my preferred major, could this affect my chances of getting accepted?
    · Reply · Share
  • djbaydawgdjbaydawg 59 replies11 threads Junior Member
    grades are good. 1290 SAT is great; low GPA though but not bad still. When did you apply? and specify the ECs you were in. It'll give me a better judgement. I just got accepted to MSU 2 days ago! 3.625 GPA and 1150 SAT
    · Reply · Share
  • JadsafJadsaf 14 replies5 threads Junior Member
    I applied October 17th but my sat score didn’t send u til November 2nd. But I’ve played competitive soccer for 5 years, 7 years of band. 5 years of marching band. 1 year as top player in symphonic band. 3 years jazz band. 1 year symphony orchestra.
    · Reply · Share
    gotcha; yea your good. don't worry buddy! I got in and you are WAY more qualified lol
    · Reply · Share
  • UGAXCHOPEUGAXCHOPE 15 replies4 threads Junior Member
    I think you are a lock for MSU
    · Reply · Share
  • di74cazadi74caza 11 replies2 threads New Member
    I think they are be more competitive and have higher standards this year. My son has a 3.75 GPA and 1060 SAT. He is an Eagle Scout, lots of volunteering, NHS for 3 years, varsity sports and more and has been asked for semester grades which means he won't have a decision till mid April is what I was told. This is so heart breaking!
    · Reply · Share
    @di74caza that so sad to hear. I wish the best for you and your son and hopefully he can get accepted!
    · Reply · Share
  • KegginKeggin 120 replies33 threads Junior Member
    I think they are getting more strict with their admissions. Last year I had a 3.5 GPA and a 1310 SAT, 27 ACT with 7 APs and 5 Honors courses (I had an upward trend of a 3.0 -> 3.5) and they said I needed to submit my marking period grades and then I got in.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity