Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Hubbard Hall

XCchick44XCchick44 Registered User Posts: 1,009 Senior Member
edited December 2007 in Michigan State University
I put this as my first choice as my hall, because it doesnt have community bathrooms and well my friends chose it - bad idea I know. So I was wondering if anyone had any info on it?? (good and bad..etc.)

Thanks!!!
Post edited by XCchick44 on

Replies to: Hubbard Hall

• wolf_01wolf_01 Registered User Posts: 87 Junior Member
    I don't know much about Hubbard Hall, but it seems like a lot of the crime that takes place at MSU is there. However, they have an awesome cafeteria! It is also 12 stories tall.
  • kkei08kkei08 Registered User Posts: 152 Junior Member
    From what I've been told, the largest concentration of freshman are in Hubbard...although I chose Snyder.
  • Quincy4Quincy4 Registered User Posts: 620 Member
    Hubbard is the tallenst (12 stories) building, not only on campus, but in all East Lansing. You have 4 person (2 X 2) suites w/ a shared bathroom -- rooms are pretty small; many lofts... Hubbard has long had a rep for good food, athough I'm not sure why since, my understanding, all the food comes from the same place... As to crime, there was on high-profile assault a few years ago I know of, but I don't think anyone was seriously hurt. Crime at Hubbard is really no worse than anywhere else as I see it. The greatest concentration of freshman has traditionally been the Brody complex clear across campus.
  • Quincy4Quincy4 Registered User Posts: 620 Member
    ^btw, I understand Hubbard has a science orientation. There's some spillover residents from the excellent Lyman Briggs (residential) College of Science across the street and the RISE residential program is HQ'd at Hubbard, I believe.
  • shyanneshyanne Registered User Posts: 875 Member
    I have eaten at Holmes, Snyder-Phillips, Wonders and (I think) Wilson and all have very good food. Lots of fresh food and lots of choices.
  • shyanneshyanne Registered User Posts: 875 Member
    We were told the community bathrooms are cleaned four times a day.
  • lzhlzh Registered User Posts: 76 Junior Member
    shyanne, actually it gets cleaned only once a day. Usually at noon time.
This discussion has been closed.