Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

First year fall schedule question

sdbootsdboot Registered User Posts: 21 New Member
edited July 2010 in Michigan State University
My fall schedule is as follows:

EC 202 Intro to Macro Econ
LB118 Calc I
LB171 Chem I
LB171 Chem I Lab
UGS 101 Freshman Seminar (Decision making in medicine, law and ,business)

Total Credits: 13

At AOP my advisor told me that because of my incoming AP credit I was fine taking only 13 credits. I don't think that because I already have credit coming in that it means that I can slack off some. I feel like i should take another class though to at the very least get it up to 15 credits. I also question whether or not I should take the freshman seminar course. I am a human bio major with a Pre-Pharm track. Please help me find another good class to take.

Thank you in advance!
Post edited by sdboot on

Replies to: First year fall schedule question

• H2013H2013 Registered User Posts: 169 Junior Member
    Since you do have credits coming in i would say it's okay for you to take 13 credits. It'll start you off with a good GPA and you'll know if you should take more credits or less credits the next semester depending on how you do this fall. You'll also have a little extra time to just enjoy freshman year and get involved in a lot more on campus. Even though 15 credits isn't really hard at all but i would rather take it easy if it doesn't put me behind.
  • shyanneshyanne Registered User Posts: 875 Member
    Did they set you up with a spring schedule too? Can you fit one of the spring classes in with your fall classes then add something to the spring schedule?
  • sdbootsdboot Registered User Posts: 21 New Member
    Yes they set up my spring schedule as well. I think I am going to add Intro to Nutrition to my schedule as it pertains to my major and it takes me up to 16 credits. I emailed my advisor earlier today and explained my situation and asked for the schedule change. I also asked her to suggest any other classes that she felt were good to go along with what I have.
  • romanigypsyeyesromanigypsyeyes Registered User Posts: 33,743 Senior Member
    I would recommend adding a seminar class. It's generally pretty easy and it gives you room to explore a topic.
This discussion has been closed.