Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

average gpa of freshmen entering west point?

JJx508JJx508 Registered User Posts: 38 Junior Member
hey guys, wats the average gpa of the freshmen entering west point weighted wise?
Post edited by JJx508 on

Replies to: average gpa of freshmen entering west point?

• aspenaspen Registered User Posts: 748 Member
    JJx508: I haven't seen USMA publish the average GPA for accepted candidates.

I suggest you look at the Class Profiles for the last couple of years that are posted at www.USMA.edu . If you go to the homepage, in the far right column there is a box "Corp of Cadets" with class years at the bottom of the box. Click on one of those years and there will be a heading "Class of ____ Entering Profile". That should give you an idea of the academic/leadership background of candidates receiving appointments.

Good Luck
  • cadet0509cadet0509 Registered User Posts: 105 Junior Member
    JJ, I would say on a 4.0 scale...it's probably about a 3.6. But, someone who's taken 10 AP classes with a 3.6 (unweighted) would probably get in over someone who took easy classes and got that 3.6. I would say GPA is important, but they look too at how difficult the classes you're taking are.
This discussion has been closed.