Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.
2»

Replies to: cfa

• mrgreenapplemrgreenapple Registered User Posts: 415 Member
    the army has the same extended scale. weather definently plays a part on your run time. I ran a 12:54 2 mile in missouri and a 14:30 1 week later in san antonio, tx (july.... ughhh)
  • AnnAnn Registered User Posts: 1,477 Senior Member
    I couldn't find an updated version, but this is the link to the 2003-2004 USMA Fitness Testing Information Booklet
    http://www.usma.edu/dpe/testing/BOOK2004.pdf

After watching the Inside the Academies series last week, the indoor obstacle course is the test the cadets "love to hate".
  • rasdadrasdad Registered User Posts: 34 Junior Member
    OK group, here is the question. Is this good enough to send in.
    My son took the CFA during the SLS and got was at risk on a couple of areas. He was given a practice test today by his coach and scored the following. SLS/today.
    Pull ups 0/4, Crunches 55/83, BBall throw 72/75, Push ups 21/29, Shuttle run 9.5/9.41, Mile run 7.51/7.16.

He is 6'-3 @ 220 lbs and a 4 yr varsity basketball player. He is working out every day and will plans to take another practice test next week.
    What do you think. As always, the help is appreciated
  • mrgreenapplemrgreenapple Registered User Posts: 415 Member
    pushups and run need to be worked on the most.

improving pushups...

when watching tv whenever a commercial comes on do certain number of pushups. practice form. do a 2 minute test everyday and try and do one more pushup than you did the previous day.

when you start the test keep pushing until you absolutely cant. then take a little break. while doing pushups your muscles are too tense to allow lactic acid in so you're able to do more.. If you take a break early, your arms will feel weak sooner. include wide, mid, and close hand pushups will being tested to use different muscles.

to help my run I rotate long run endurance days with sprints and short run on the other days. on sprints do 30/60 and 60/120 second sprint walk intervals.

tell your son hes doing a great job on improvement and keep working hard. The more in shape he gets now, the easier next summer will be for him.
  • jq722jq722 Registered User Posts: 369 Member
    yup everything of his looks good cept pushups and pullups. It means a lack of upper body strength. Have him lift weights...they help a lot. He has several weeks before he needs to get everything in...like mid nov. So have him practice on these two events and lift weights.
2»
This discussion has been closed.