right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

Finding the right college for your unique situation can be challenging. Hear from other students who shared their admissions story. Download our FREE Student Voices - vol. 1, Student Voices - vol. 2, Student Voices - vol. 3, and Student Voices - vol. 4 eBooks NOW!
PARENTS4PARENTS: With the deadlines for ED/EA coming up shortly, thumper1 and happymomof1 will be answering questions and sharing their tips on how to build your college list. ASK THEM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our October Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.

Computer Science

zylchzzylchz 11 replies4 threads New Member
edited October 2013 in Mount Holyoke College
So I'm planning on majoring in CS and I really love Mount Holyoke but I'm not sure how the CS program is at the school. I know they're very good for the natural sciences and whatnot but what about for CS? Any opinions?
Does anyone know how it is in comparison to Smith or other women's colleges?
edited October 2013
2 replies
Post edited by zylchz on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Computer Science

• BluecholericBluecholeric 185 replies4 threads Junior Member
    My friend Marie studied CS at Mount Holyoke. She's now a junior at Amherst. She transferred second semester of her sophomore year. It's a fairly good program.
    But I still think if you're sure about your major and if it's math/tech related, you should go to research University. Far better research opportunities and more career in CS oriented.
    I got wait listed at Mount Holyoke and I'm currently a freshman at UIowa. I love it here and only now did I realize that there is a huge gap between liberal arts colleges and research universities when it comes to math/science majors.

Everyone says that schools like MHC are good because of friends that you make and atmosphere and small classes etc. I'm international and it's my first month here and I already have tons of friends. My classes are all small honors classes with outstanding professors. And even though I'm a biology major I'm taking very diverse classes from Slavic, geography and world languages departments.

Just saying (:
    · Reply · Share
  • zylchzzylchz 11 replies4 threads New Member
    I really like the atmosphere and overall setting of MHC, which is why I'm applying. I'm just kinda wary because my dad doesn't think it has a very strong CS program. I'll still be applying but I'll take your comments into consideration if I get in. Thanks!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity