right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

We're in!!

wifey4303wifey4303 60 replies20 threads Junior Member
edited April 2006 in Mount Holyoke College
Hey, anyone else get in? I got my letter today! I got the leadership award too - $20,000!
edited April 2006
26 replies
Post edited by wifey4303 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: We're in!!

• sophysophy 211 replies32 threads Junior Member
    Congrats! .....................
    · Reply · Share
  • AdrianAdrian 21 replies12 threads Junior Member
    I got in too. but I’m really unhappy with my package...its pretty disgusting actually. so I don't think i'll end up there :(

congrats on your award wifey4303 that is amazing! i live in western mass too btw.
    · Reply · Share
  • CSG1200CSG1200 15 replies0 threads New Member
    Congrats wifey4303. Adrian, I know how you feel. I haven't received my MoHo financial aid package yet, but at some of my other colleges I wasn't happy about my aid package. I wish you the best.
    · Reply · Share
  • wifey4303wifey4303 60 replies20 threads Junior Member
    thanks! Congrats Adrian and good luck to everyone else!
    · Reply · Share
  • kidsdadkidsdad 66 replies0 threads Junior Member
    My D got her acceptance letter today. Kind of surprised since she didn't bother to interview. We did visit the campus last year. Maybe that helped.
    · Reply · Share
  • tibbhumotibbhumo 30 replies0 threads New Member
    I see that previously you wanted to go to Smith and now that you are accepted there, will you not go to Smith? Happy choosing between the two!
    · Reply · Share
  • wifey4303wifey4303 60 replies20 threads Junior Member
    Yea, it's a tough decision. I love everything about the two schools despite their location differences. Smith is giving me a full tuition scholarship, Mt. Holyoke is giving me $20,000, I'm just going to do overnights at the two campuses again (Of course my dad is pushing for Smith- $10,000 or so is a big difference when its coming from your pocket)
    · Reply · Share
  • swetasweta 335 replies12 threads Member
    wohow congrats to all
    · Reply · Share
  • americangypsyamericangypsy 146 replies6 threads Junior Member
    wifey, did you get a Zollman? That's half-tuition and from what I know that's the highest academic scholarship at Smith. I got a Zollman, too, but all and all my aid package came to 42,000 in grants. Is that what you mean by "full tuition scholarship"?
    · Reply · Share
    Never mind....I saw your post on the Smith board.
    · Reply · Share
  • lucyvanpeltlucyvanpelt 41 replies12 threads Junior Member
    kidsdad, not having an interview can't really flat out cause your rejection... its not required after all.
    · Reply · Share
  • kidsdadkidsdad 66 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Lucy, for what it's worth, the US News College Guide indicated that MHC rated the interview as "important" in its list of selection criteria. I agree with you that unless the candidate is very borderline, it probably isn't a biggie.
    · Reply · Share
  • MimeeaMimeea 70 replies1 threads Junior Member
    I received my acceptance today, w/ a leadership award of 15k!! I can't wait till open campus! Who else is going?
    · Reply · Share
  • tiredpapatiredpapa 19 replies0 threads New Member
    D received formal acceptance today by DHL courier. She had been able to access the Accepted Students site since Friday so she thought something was coming. Almost too much af a good thing. That's six in a row. Still waiting on Williams, Wellesley, Haverford and Reed, but MHC is a very fine college and one can't do much better. It sure does energize the household!
    · Reply · Share
  • gchenggcheng 67 replies19 threads Junior Member
    hey guys... just wondering, how good is your financial package to mhc?
    · Reply · Share
  • caramelovercaramelover 3 replies2 threads New Member
    im in! congrats to everybody who got in! :D
    · Reply · Share
    i'm in! leadership award too-15,000.....open campus, yes, unless Yale accepts me. My financial aid packages have all been amazing...it pays to be poor.
    · Reply · Share
  • lucyvanpeltlucyvanpelt 41 replies12 threads Junior Member
    i'm in! woo hoo! not the greatest financial aid, but i'm happy to be accepted!
    · Reply · Share
  • butterfly__*butterfly__* 77 replies1 threads Junior Member
    i'm in! leadership award too-15,000.....open campus, yes, unless Yale accepts me. My financial aid packages have all been amazing...it pays to be poor.

Congratulations! I'm in too and I'm also poor (yay!), lol. Unfortunately, I did not receive the Financial Aid award that I thought I'd be receiving. My EFC is $119, but my Mt Holyoke package totals to around $29,800 (or so). I'll probably be attending a state school since Mt Holyoke is basically unaffordable and impossible.

I was really happy when I was accepted too... now I'll just have to go to a SUNY. I am really disappointed :(.
    · Reply · Share
  • rsquared906rsquared906 37 replies2 threads Junior Member
    I'm in, leadership package - 20,000, kinda nice to have money without strings attached. All my financial aid has just met up to what FAFSA said we could pay, though the 20,000 is pretty sweet anyway.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity