right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

music/anthropology possibility

NihongoyoNihongoyo 1724 replies530 threads Senior Member
edited July 2006 in Mount Holyoke College
Hey I was wondering if this looks like what Mt. Holyoke tends to like for music/anthropology majors:

*GPA: 4.09 weighted (going to rise)
3.82 unweighted (same)
*SAT: (they're not fair)..writing 610, crit reading 520, math 550.
*ACT: Taking it June 10th.
*9th grade i took almost all honors (I have 2 B's on my transcript and 1 b+), 10th grade i took 2 honors but got A's across the board, this year (11) i took 1 ap and 4 honors and have all A's. Next year, I am taking 4 AP's (2 AP and 2 ap weighted honors) and 1 actual honors class.

Extracurriculars/interesting facts:
*People to people student ambassador program (summer of 2002)
*GLSEN board member (helps teach others about diversity--only high school board member)
*junior mendelssohn choir (2 years i a row, and soon to be next year!)
*voice lessons (past 2 years)
*piano lessons (11 1/2 years)
*cantoring for my rabbi for high holidays
*jazz choir (including a performance at PNC park, Pittsburgh's baseball stadium--soon to be 2 years)
*chamber choir (most elite choir in high school-soon to be 4 years)
*County chorus
*District chorus
*I am part of the Social Action Committee at my temple (plans/puts together blood drives by red cross, meels on wheels, etc.)
*Played piano for high school orchestra in 9th grade
*Classical Singer competition
*National Honors Society
*Played piano/sung in numerous nursing homes for the past several years.
* (I might be writing for the local "free" newspaper to get experienced w/writing).
*Anime Club in 9th grade.
*Played piano @ pilgrimages @ many churches for the holidays.
*I will be doing an apprenticeship w/Pittsburgh Opera (for high school students) next year!

Thanks!!
edited July 2006
3 replies
Post edited by Nihongoyo on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: music/anthropology possibility

• Nora_88Nora_88 154 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Erm... I hope that your name doesn't suggest that you're a boy, because this one is an all-women's college.
    · Reply · Share
  • NihongoyoNihongoyo 1724 replies530 threads Senior Member
    ahh!! no i'm just kidding lol--yeah, i am a boy but wow i didn't know mt. holyoke was all girls! my friends are liars! ahh...oh well, thanks anyways lol.
    · Reply · Share
  • MizoMizo 538 replies21 threads Member
    Jeremy,

Check out Hamphire College, it is coed and part of the five college consortium which includes Mt. Holyoke. Also, check out www.ctcl.com
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity