Hi, this is Desiree. I'm a high school student doing a journalism program at Northwestern. I was wondering if I could have your input on a trend story I'm writing about the increasing appeal of women's colleges among high school students. I would be so greatful if you could answer any of these questions, and respond with your full name (first and last) and an email address or phone number. Thanks again!
1. what made you want to apply to a women's college rather than a coed college? (for both prospective and current students)
2. what do you see as the benefits of attending a women's college? what do you see as the disadvantages of attending a women's college?
3. What, if anything, do you think women who attend coed universities are missing out on?
4. Do you feel that attending a women's college will help you in the future (job, leadership skills, etc)? how so?
5. Do you feel that women's colleges are more popular now than they were 5 or 10 years ago, or do you think that their popularity has pretty much remained the same? If you feel they are gaining popularity, what would you attribute their increasing appeal to?