right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

Spain? Italy? Hawaii? Where do you want to travel WHILE getting college credit? REGISTER NOW for a virtual College Fair on Sept. 29!
PARENTS4PARENTS: AfroPuffMom is the mother of two boys, a college junior and a high school junior. She has extensive experience reviewing applications for high-achieving, first-generation students. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our September Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.

Financial Aid at MoHo

booklover1309booklover1309 6 replies5 threads New Member
edited September 8 in Mount Holyoke College
I would really like to know whether mt holyoke gives good financial aid package and scholarships. It is one of my top choices and I would love to go there if I get accepted with goo aid as my family is not that wealthy as compared to many who attend MHC.
Also is it worth apply ED there?
edited September 8
3 replies
Post edited by sybbie719 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Financial Aid at MoHo

• cptofthehousecptofthehouse 30662 replies59 threads Senior Member
    It doesn’t so much matter whether a particular school tends to give “good” financial or merit aid, so much as what YOU would qualify from there. A good start for you would be to get out parental 2019 tax forms, add up assets, and fill out MOHO’s and other schools’ you might be considering , Net Price Calculators. Use the ones on each school’s website. If there is not a divorce situation, no family business, no unusual situation, you can find out about where you stand in getting financial aid from a given school.

Look at what merit possibilities are there too, but understand that usually merit reduces finanacial need before the aid package is calculated.

What net price is the family willing and able to pay? How much can student contribute? $5500 in Direct loans are available to students for freshman year.
    · Reply · Share
  • VeryapparentVeryapparent 893 replies16 threads Member
    Don’t apply ED if your looking for merit aid.
    · Reply · Share
  • PheebersPheebers 614 replies26 threads Member
    To add to what @Veryapparent said, it won't hurt need-based financial aid to apply ED. But if you've run the NPC and know that you don't have enough need to get the price where you want it, and you're counting on merit, then ED will likely hurt you.
    · Reply · Share