Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Acceptance Thread for Muhlenberg Class of 2017

Replies to: Acceptance Thread for Muhlenberg Class of 2017

• kittycatwindowkittycatwindow Registered User Posts: 243 Junior Member
    My D just got a Waitlisted letter from Gettysburg today and was hoping for some good news from Muhlenberg. Nothing yet.
    I got waitlisted from Gettysburg on the same day! I just declined it (obviously since I'm committed to Muhlenberg) today.
    Tell your daughter I wish her good luck, both with getting off the waitlist (which is so ridiculous because they tell you AFTER May 1st, when deposits need to be in!) and getting accepted to Muhlenberg!
    Also, does anyone know how their aid compares with other schools such as Gettysburg?
    Muhlenberg does not promise to meet 100% of need. I compared my package from Muhlenberg to my sister's package (same family so pretty much same EFC) from Albright, a school that promises to meet need.

I have to pay around $4,000 more per year for Muhlenberg than my sister will have to pay if she goes to Albright. (This is being covered by an extra loan, but it's manageable.)

A school like Gettysburg will most likely give a package more like Albright's: it'll cater more to your EFC. Muhlenberg, unfortunately, did not. Also, I applied Early Decision, where they claim that "98% of early decision applicants get their need met 100%!", meaning that it is possible for RD applicants to get less since the school actually meets around 92% of need overall (according to CollegeBoard).

I don't think there will be too much of a discrepancy between the two packages, though. Gettysburg's will be better, but if your daughter likes Muhlenberg more and would be willing to take out an extra loan or pay a couple hundred extra dollars to go there, (and you don't mind her doing so, of course,) then I think it could still be affordable.
  • Absmomof3Absmomof3 Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    Daughter just received email informing her of Muhlenberg merit aid. So proud, she received Presidential scholarship and Muhlenberg Scholar. We have been so impressed with Muhlenberg, this is one of her top 4 choices.

Good luck to everyone.
  • collegekat0collegekat0 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Accepted with a 14,500 scholarship of art and merit per year :) good luck everyone!
  • ShulamitShulamit Registered User Posts: 252 Junior Member
    S got a nice award!

Presidential and Muhlenberg Scholar.
  • jjul15jjul15 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    Received my financial aid award today...got an $18,000 scholarship and accepted into the Dana Associates Program plus some grants! Got a lot of good aid from them!
  • LeftofPisaLeftofPisa Registered User Posts: 1,051 Senior Member
    Congratulations on all the good news!
  • Dad2grlsDad2grls Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
    dd got a very nice finance package Presidential Scholarship 18k plus Dana 4k
    she will have some very tough decisions in the next month. Congrats to all the other accepted
  • kelbeekelbee Registered User Posts: 118 Junior Member
    How are people receiving their financial aid awards? By postal mail or email? My niece was accepted last week but we haven't heard from fin aid yet.
    Email with log in instructions
  • pkdof13pkdof13 Registered User Posts: 375 Member
    Congrats, Shulamit! Still no decision letter for DS.
    Thank you pkdof13. That is so frustrating. Did you phone to check that it wasn't lost in the mail? Well, the very good news is that your kids have so many other great acceptances already so I am sure you are all busy celebrating! Congratulations to them both!
  • Yankee99Yankee99 Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    We haven't heard anything yet either, pkdof13. Congrats to all others on the good news!
  • calinativecalinative Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
    In California we have not heard from Muhlenberg, either. Hopefully, soon! Hopeful for GOOD NEWS!
  • scoop85scoop85 Registered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
    DD waitlisted today. A bit surprising after acceptances at Dickinson and Gettysburg, but as we all know this is a bit of a crapshoot, as the schools are splitting hairs among equally qualified candidates.

Good luck to all those still waiting!
  • Running10Running10 Registered User Posts: 65 Junior Member
    Today I received a letter from Muhlenberg College letting me know I got wait listed. I am not going to lie, I was completely shocked. I honestly thought I would be accepted. Looking at statistics, I am around the 75% percentile of SAT Scores (1960) and I am ranked Top 5% of my class. I am also involved in many sports and activities. I am assuming maybe my essay wasn't strong enough.

I was especially shocked because I was admitted into The College of New Jersey, which has somewhat higher SAT standards and a similar acceptance rate.

Muhlenberg College- SAT Scores

The College of New Jersey- SAT Scores

Good luck to the rest of the applicants!
This discussion has been closed.