right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new, modern forum platform with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return by Friday, Nov. 27 at 2:00pm ET. Read more about this here!

Chances at BS/MD Programs

Cash'dCash'd 137 replies21 threads Junior Member
edited December 2004 in Multiple Degree Programs
Here are the statistics:
- GPA: 3.86 unweighted, 4.15-4.2 weighted (15 AP's and honors - toughest)
- SAT I: 1500; SAT ii's: 750s on 2 of them
- Cycling Team (7 hrs/week/every week of the year)
- Speech and Debate Team (5 hrs/week/35 weeks)
- Around 500 hours of community service, helping day workers and using Spanish skills to translate what they're saying (I'm not from Mexico though) and also time at Hospital
- Advanced Percussion (3 hrs/week/every week of the year)
- Started an organization (internationally recognized) which helps needy children in my homeland of India. The organization's helped ~50-100 needy kids with college scholarships. Currently, the organization is moving to also provide clothing, medicine, general funds for disadvantaged youth. Started the non-profit organization by myself. It takes up about 20-25 hours/week and occassional trips to the country since there's about 10 part-time employees in the organization - This is pretty much my biggest EC and 'hook' for the colleges, in my opinion.

Which BS/MD programs do I stand a chance of being accepted? Could I get into George Washington U, U of Cincinatti, etc?

Thanks for the help in advance.
edited December 2004
5 replies
Post edited by Cash'd on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Chances at BS/MD Programs

This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity