right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

UMKC 6-year BS/MD Program

1350351352353354356»

Replies to: UMKC 6-year BS/MD Program

• pkumar02pkumar02 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Hi, the second round was sent out yesterday.
    · Reply · Share
  • goalworkergoalworker 4 replies0 threads New Member
    edited May 19
    Thought so :(
    Congrats to all who got in!
    I guess it’s time for me to move on.

Thank you @pkumar02 for confirming for me :)
    edited May 19
    · Reply · Share
  • RoentgenRoentgen 1616 replies32 threads Student Voice
    edited May 20
    @goalworker, if you're on the waitlist, the UMKC School of Medicine, will send a final email/message through the portal once the Year 1 BA/MD class has been finally filled and there will be no more offers extended. The waitlist process runs in cycles of 2 weeks so that people have enough time to think about it, discuss with parents, go through finances, etc. to make an informed decision if an offer is extended.
    edited May 20
    · Reply · Share
    @Roentgen - makes sense. Thanks for replying. Yes i’m on regional waitlist. Now after 2 cycles of waitlist emails, with no invitation yet, it is not very encouraging to keep hoping for the last round. Just keeping it realistic for the brain to cope when that final email comes through :neutral:

Life goes on. Yes, very very disappointed, but know for sure that - New day, New opportunities will come through.
    · Reply · Share
  • KPTBMTKPTBMT 9 replies0 threads New Member
    @goalworker, good luck for the next round email.
    · Reply · Share
    Thank you so very much for your kind wishes!
    · Reply · Share
  • Khan11123Khan11123 1 replies1 threads New Member
    Please share stats for those who have gotten in.
    · Reply · Share
  • speedylivspeedyliv 19 replies0 threads Junior Member
    I've had some mixed signals about UMKC's BA/MD program but after thoroughly reading through this thread, I am having a more positive view on this program. I will be applying this fall and I want to know what my chances are in.

I am a Nigerian/Caribbean female: INSTATE
    GPA: 4.0 UW, I don't know what it is W, maybe around a 4.3
    Class Rank: 1 of 300
    ACT: 26 currently (retaking it in July and September)
    Honors Geometry
    Honors Algebra II
    AP BIO: dual credit
    AP Chem
    AP Euro
    AP Stats
    Calculus
    PLTW Biomedical Courses

ECs:
    Varsity track since 9th grade
    Spanish club officer
    HOSA competing member
    NHS
    Leadership
    100 hrs of shadowing at the hospital
    Work at my parent's private clinic
    Volunteering at a retirement home
    Medical summer programs at Yale
    Earned an undergrad credit at Johns Hopkins Medical School Intensive camp

Awards:
    3x perfect attendance
    4x academic conference

This is just from the top of my head.

I strongly want to know what my chances are and be included throughout this thread during the 2020-21 admissions cycle
    · Reply · Share
  • melslemonademelslemonade 22 replies4 threads Junior Member
    @speedyliv All things considered I think you have pretty good chance of getting in, assuming you get a higher ACT score. Not sure if UMKC is test-optional or not, but if it isn't then the 26 barely meets minimum for applying (as I'm sure you know). Considering you are in state, your chances are much higher than you think as 70% of the program kids are in-state/ surrounding regions. If you are very interested in BSMD apply widely. I think you have good EC's otherwise. Did u have scores for those AP classes or did you not take the exam?
    · Reply · Share