Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Ap credits for BS/MD programs

abadgerabadger Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
edited July 2013 in Multiple Degree Programs
I am deciding on my high school schedule and am interested in attending a BS/MD program. I was wondering if it would be better for me to take more AP Science courses or AP Humanities in order to be a more competitive applicant and ease my workload in any BS/MD programs. I doubt I would get credit for Science AP's, but at the same time I would probably have a better chance of getting in w/ Science AP's. Which should I take?

I am interested in specifically Drexel, Penn State/Jeff, UMDNJ, etc., but I'm guessing most programs will have similar policies
Post edited by abadger on

Replies to: Ap credits for BS/MD programs

• risuburisubu Registered User Posts: 1,581 Senior Member
    You are better of taking the science APs. They look good on the app, and even if you don't get credit, you will already have advanced knowledge for your courses.
  • RaycmrRaycmr Registered User Posts: 302 Member
    In some combined programs AP courses will get you out of English, history, calculus, creative arts requirements, physics I, and replace basic bio and be allowed to take advanced bio instead. Nothing gets you out of the general and organic chem courses.
  • breaker746breaker746 Registered User Posts: 449 Member
    For the programs you mentioned, science AP will go a long way in helping you with both credits and admissions. If you have to choose, definitely pick science.
  • datkid1datkid1 Registered User Posts: 98 Junior Member
    If you're good at science, i say go for it. However, if you're okay or don't like it that much don't bother. AP science classes are harder than some people think and you'd have to work harder.
This discussion has been closed.